Tuesday, April 24, 2018

comic fiesta ohohoho

(a rather short one I guess)

I went to my first Comic Fiesta last week, on December 19th. I've always thought that going to CF would be an impossibility because I'm living in JB and the event is during my holidays (so that I can't go there straight from my college in Shah Alam), but this year I had found a perfect excuse to fork out RM70++ worth of bus fare to go to Shah Alam/KL: I had to take my SACE result slip. And oh, I also needed to go to Putrajaya to get a new SKB coz the one I made via post was invalid (all because of one effing number! Civil servants bukan kena buat eye check ke before masuk kerja?). But good thing though, two excuses to cover my main agenda (laughs menacingly).

Anyhoo, one reason why I was so hyped up about going to CF this year was because I participated in the Malaysian Lolita Club's lolita runway. Yep, you heard me right, lolita runway. My only experience in modelling clothes would be during this one 3K carnival hosted by JPKCA last year (lol), but then, I modelled 'the proper attire for an INTEC student' and not full-blown lolita. To make things worse, I was the only Muslim lolita wearing hijab on the runway because Najwa was free-haired as always and Chark decided to wear a wig because a hijab won't suit her gothic coord very well. As for me, there's no way I'm going to expose my hair to public so there you go, a tudung-wearing loli on stage (dah tau camtu apasal join jugak hoh).

I was supposed to wear my handmade sweet JSK but decided not to do so because 1) Chark cancelled her plan to twin with me, 2) I don't have enough time to assemble a decent coord with the JSK, 3) I bet there would be too many sweet girls joining already and 4) I somehow don't want to wear my new hooker white boots (a full 4 inches I guess ) on stage lol. So I just went with a half-gothic, half-classic coord instead (I seriously don't have a clue how to pigeonhole this coord).


petti was made the previous night...sebab tu kembang gila babas


*buat gaya Leo DiCaprio jalan*

Outfit rundown time!
JSK: Bodyline
Blouse (a cream-coloured one): Offbrand lucky find
Jacket: Peace Collections (from my aristo coord)
Mini top hat: from My One Shop (the same hat from my aristo coord)
Boots: Offbrand, from Sungei Wang
Rose brooch: Handmade
Accessories: Random offbrand finds

Also, here's the link to the egl post, in which you could find snapshots of other lolis as well (and a derpy shot of mine)

Aaaand of course we have a video!


(if you can catch what that guy was saying when I was on stage I'll give you a free cookie)


group shot! *lost in the sea of burando*

After the runway show, we had a mini meetup outside the ballroom, where I met Aira and a bunch of other Muslim lolitas, as well as other MLC members who do not participate in the runway


group shot once again!


with Aira!

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful for me, apart from having my lunch with a new set of lolita friends, and meeting Top (pelik eh? I was supposed to give him that Pirate Latitudes, and he was supposed to give me my Lost Symbol but neither of us managed to bring them so yeah, we just, uh 'dated' the whole day). I guess going to CF no longer excite me as much as I would do two or three years ago (during the height of my anime obsessions... I'm way mellower nowadays). But still, it was fun joining the runway and meeting new friends, and changing my perception towards several people (don't ask!). Too bad we weren't able to have a proper meetup with the Muslim lolita girls that day. But yeah, meeting all of them is enough already, and I'm looking forward to joining the next MLC/Muslim lolita meetup. Perhaps one more before I fly to New Zealand? *hint hint*

Till next time!
Fatimah

2 comments:

7/511 said...

Saw the vid! My favs are Chark (she's the one in gray with the brown bag aite?), YOU (your prints really stood out in the sea of blah whites), the girl with the black wig n red dress her wig's tied into two ponytails,and the 2nd girl with the blonde wig + bonnet :D

Maya Arielle said...

Haha thanks!
Chark made that dress herself in less than 3 days. Awesome gila kan?
The blonde girl with the bonnet is Hermes, a very popular Malaysian lolita. She's wearing my dream print, Rose Jail! saya pun suka dia n coord dia, sangat sangat cantik *gigit geram-geram*
And the girl in the black wig, not sure where she got her dress, but I really love her supermassive Alice bow XD