Wednesday, August 25, 2010

sewing plans yet again


Hi. I bought some beautiful fabric from Nagoya last July:



Yes, it's very lolita (not only loliable! XD) and apparently, this print is a part of a series of similarly sweet prints from Japan. I saw some with carousels at sew_loli, which I really really love (coz it reminds me of SC) but I couldn't find it here. Chose cream instead of pink because I need some variety in my loli wardrobe. I'm planning to make a JSK for the dinner (if I have the time and the willpower) should my plan to purchase one during Mr. Yan's birthday sale fails. So far I have several plans for this fabric, one of them involving bustles (yet again) and blue ruffles, and another one involving making a replica of this F+F dress:

(it even has the EXACT print, in black colourway! XP)

Maaaybe with added ruffle because I'm a sucker when it comes to ruffles. And most definitely, I'm going to put the waist ties at the back. Somehow I feel like tying your waist ties at the front seems weird (no matter how good it looks on that Putumayo Cat Window skirt). Now, if only I could find a decent sewing machine for under RM100 (which is damn impossible)...

No comments: