Wednesday, January 26, 2011

three drives - greece 2000



Discovered this from Global Underground 007: New York mixed by Paul Oakenfold. It's haunting me for days already. There's something addictive beneath the simple, repetitive trance melodies; something which brings me back to my younger days. Maybe it's the melodies: a lot of late 90s/early 2000s trance anthems have similar synth sounds. One thing for sure, this song reduced me to tears. And it doesn't even have a single fragment of lyrics.
Damn, I'm like an old woman reminiscing my 'earlier days'. But I love old-school dance music like this. In fact, I believe I am only inclined towards old-school dance music. Today's dance music has already been polluted by the likes of Guetta and his entourage of R&B/hip-hop/whateverheck 'artistes'.

Side note: guy in the video is hot!

No comments: