Friday, February 4, 2011

you are me and i am you



Dear followers,
Sorry for the never-ending Shpongle spams here. I'll post lolita-related things once I get my camera phone back. In the meantime, have a listen to Simon and Raj here. Your life will be transformed forever, I promise. No you don't have to like electronic music to fall in love with Shpongle - their music is frickin diverse anyway. But of course things would be much easier if you could savour the complex layers of the musical arrangements (perhaps too complex for some?), because that's where the beauty lies.

I particularly liked Shpongle's latest album, Ineffable Mysteries from Shpongleland. It's somehow different than their previous albums (some said it has more pop elements - idk, sounds psychedelic enough for me. I mean, yes there are more vocals, but damn that's Michele Adamson dude, Michele Adamson is full-on Goa dude!) . This song, I Am You, is so lovely I almost cried. Those harmonic vocals are just...OMG. Listen from 3.26-4.11, you'll know what I mean. (I believe Simon also contributed his vocals in this song, but not in this live version).

Oh, and yes, Shpongle live shows are CRAZY as heck! Really wish I would be able to attend one someday. Simon, New Zealand sounds fine to you? :DDD

While you're at it, check out this one. Michele Adamson is very lovely. Can I be a Goa trance vocalist like her as well? XD
Alice

1 comment:

Alex Brennan said...

Shpongle is awesome ! I think you might enjoy this place

Psychill Psybient Mixes

They feature Shpongle quite a bit as well as Simon's other projects like Younger Brother. I downloaded episode 18 - it's like 2 hours of Simon's past work in one mix !