Sunday, December 13, 2009

i made a surgery on an OP... without the help of machines...


I got this lovely dress from Nemo (thanks a lot Mo!)


but as much as I love it, I couldn't help but noticing that it's too ita (raschel lace bebeh...)
so I tried to fix it for Anime Hanabi, but I didn't manage to finish it on time.


Note to lolita newbies/friends of lolitas: Raschel lace makes you ita.


I know I can do something about the lace - it's the only thing ita about the dress since the basic design is definitely lolita. So, to save Nemo's dress I went and rip off all 8 metres of raschel lace, and went to Angsana to buy black eyelet lace and fabric for ruffles.

After a week of sewing (hand-stitching to be precise), this is the end result:

Ze eyelet lace. ^^ I love them


What I did to the sleeves. I actually wanted to do a bit more, but I was in a hurry for yesterday's event. Hemmed the ruffles by hand-stitching, and ruffled them by hand too. Me needs a sewing machine T_T


The back. The corset finishing is fully functional. Notice how the original one was so...bland?


And later I realized that this dress has slight resemblances to a Bodyline dress which I have just discovered today

Though this dress brought forth a sex maniac (please read previous post), I'm still happy with it. At last! My hand-stitching hard work has paid off :D Mum said it's beautiful, and better than my white one. What do you think?

4 comments:

boxOFjuice said...

Timmm! Lawaaaaaaaaaaa! 8D Like, wahh! The uh, eyelet lace, lace looks a helluva lot better than the original ita (ameteur kan? ^_^' don't rlly get it) lace. Syabas!

Sgt cantik! :D Even me, someone who doesn't get lolita thinks it's pretty.

Bie Cimbelang :) said...

tim~ pandainye tim jahit..b pn suke menjahit n design2 gak but jarang la :) untung la husband tim nnt. hehehe

Maya Arielle said...

leana: thanksys :D I'll wear them to class someday if I ever feel extremely twisted XP
sayangnye I can't go to CF...baru cadang nak pakai ni... T_T
bie: hehe thanks...ni my first attempt :D
stakat jahit embellishment boley la kot...now i wanna do a skirt, tp xtaw cmane nk buat :P
nnti aku nyer husband aku nk ajar buat embroidery XD

haziqrazab said...

i like it.. seriously !! =)