Wednesday, December 9, 2009

sewing project lalalalala~~~



I bought this strawberry print out of compulsive buying habit. It's RM3 per metre, so I couldn't resist.

then I decided that 2 metres are not enough, and I need something for ruffles, so I got myself some remnants

I initially wanted to make a basic rectangle skirt using that strawberry print, but decided that it will look quite ridiculous due to the nature of the print. I'm at risk of being an overgrown Strawberry Shortcake.

So I planned to make something more, ugh, Angelic Pretty XD

Judging from the fact that I don't have a sewing machine and I don't know how to draft patterns (nor I have any of them), don't you think this JSK design is a bit too...ambitious?

4 comments:

haziqrazab said...

put tht dress on n we'll see wether u look like overgrown shortcake or not.. =)

Maya Arielle said...

but i need to do it first...and i dun think one could make dresses from scratch (without patterns) guided only by one's imagination... XP

Nisshant~ said...

i would say...extremely ambitious!

boxOFjuice said...

Start with making a Dress Form of yourself. Google it, Duct Tape Dress Form or smthg. It'll be tailored to your body so that you can piece the dress together on it. Like in project runway!

I helped my cousin make a duct tape dress form once. Haha though, the dress didn't happen. Still, it was an achievement! xD

We didn't think a lame YT vid and some random article on the internet giving the instructions would actually work...