Sunday, July 25, 2010

welcome to the wonderful world of hallucinogens

I do not take hallucinogenics in any way, of course. I love my brain cells too much to do that. But as an experienced Goa trancer, I cannot help myself from involving in all things psychedelic. Personally I think hallucinogenics are awesome; they make you feel detached from the real world. I am not trying to advocate the usage of drugs (but as an aspiring pharmacist I would be more than happy to encourage the usage of medicinal drugs among all of you - it's better than taking unregistered traditional medications laced with hydroquinone isn't it?), but I really do think that the spiritual experience of seeing (or hearing) unreal things are exciting. Especially when it comes in Technicolour. With all 16 million colours included.

Frankly, whenever I listen to Goa trance, I could almost feel the synthesis of DMT going on in my head, giving me an unexplainable rush (not as intense as LSD, but still). The deep basslines are intoxicating, the surreal composition of melodic synths are entrancing, the mystical Indian chants are pure bliss. I could relate to those Indian chants by the way, so I bet it's no wonder why I prefer old-skool Goa trance from Destination Goa than the current stuffs people are making out of Fruity Loops. It's a good thing that Goa trance is gaining recognition in Malaysia though, thanks to the awesome people from Epic Tribe. Though I will never be able to attend one of those mystical psy events they organise, it's nice to think that I'm not the only one knowing about Goa trance in this very country, where most teenagers are heavily drugged with sex-laced songs from the likes of Gaga, Ke$ha, or any one of those pimptastic hip-hop artistes singing about taking off knickers, wanting to 'do it again and again', getting laid and...well, it's basically about getting laid.

I realised I have no topic sentence and proper flow of ideas. Haha. If you have to ask, I am in no mood whatsoever to complete my vital essays, hence this fcking nonsense I'm writing. I am also WUI; writing under influence. It's my personal psychedelic drug, the good ol' caffeine. Current pulse rate is 120 at rest, and could escalate higher. I admire people who could write things that I could never understand, with high English and whatnots, whereas I'm stuck with my colloquial mangled English here, all the while knowing the fact that I could not afford to have this style of writing. See how much I am detached from the real world by taking caffeine? Yeah, I drank half a glass of Ipoh White Coffee earlier today; it's this adverse effect I got after my caffeine OD 4 years ago, causing me to be extra agitated after consuming even the teeniest amount of that dreaded chemical. If you must get attention by self-harming, do anything but poison yourself. Scars can heal, but the effects of chemicals can linger for a very long time. I just have to say this. People don't tell about their imbecile experiences doing SI online without being anonymous, but I'm doing this for the sake of preventing more people from doing so. Being sober makes you feel important. Hoyeah.

Way to go Otago. Way to go pharmacy. Oh, give me some litmus paper already. I can't sleep.

No comments: