Tuesday, August 24, 2010

unweekly update

I don't know. Feels like writing about this as soon as I finished the dreaded test. You could say statistics, like the rest of the abhorred Maths syllabus, is my weakest point. Meh, you say. This could be another one of my self-pitying post, about me being reportedly inferior to other people, or having lack of zeal/motivation/optimistic point of view whatsoever compared to other people. You're probably right. I hate Maths because I am not good in it. I used to, but no longer I am. That makes me hate it even more. 'Hate' may be a strong word to describe what I feel towards the subject, but yeah, if it's not hatred, it's something close. No, I don't hate the lecturer (I love the lecturer by the way, she's the sweetest), I hate the fact that I could not make myself better in Maths. Maybe it's my utter laziness. Maybe it's my newly-found 'couldn't care less' attitude. No matter what the excuses are, I found it very difficult to get that coveted A in this subject. The source of my parents' disappointment, no doubt. And my lecturer's disappointment, too. She is the best lecturer ever, a very patient, dedicated teacher. It's disheartening to think that our marks do not reflect her hard work of teaching us from January to August. Though I feel that there is hope for me to get at least (or at most?) B in today's test, I couldn't be too sure. I might screwed up on the normalcdf/ binomcdf thingie (let's not discuss Question 1 because obviously I did not flip a single page of that box whisker topic in the textbook for my revision. So meh.).

I miss my earlier days. This is my worst nightmare at its best. Me falling down after a brief moment of triumph. One should learn to be grateful during one's best moments. Something I didn't do before. Look what happened now.

"Oh hell, it's only a test, it's not the end of the world, vessel. Good luck for your trial exam." - Subconscious


With an air of negative charge,
Alice who couldn't be bothered to edit grammar.

p/s go and download Global Communication's 76:14 album. Every song is a blissful journey to an ethereal state of mind. Listen to 14:31 before you sleep. Best barbiturate ever.

1 comment:

haziqrazab said...

i know that it's cliche but..

why do we fall?

so that we can learn to get up.

-Bruce Wayne's father-